Business rates are charged annually by County Councils and Local Authorities on commercial properties based on the Rateable Valuation of each individual property. Currently the Valuation Office is undertaking a revaluation of all commercial properties throughout Ireland. The opportunity to appeal a rating assessment can occur when the local authority publishes a revaluation list (every five years). Other circumstances in which an appeal may be appropriate include: reassessment following redevelopment or change of use; temporary inability to use a property, or a permanent material change in circumstances.
- Advice on the Fairness or Otherwise of Existing Rateable Valuations.
- Advice on Potential Rates Liability for New Properties.
- Applications for Downward Revision of Rateable Valuations.
- Submission of Appeals Against Newly Revised Rateable Valuations.
- Negotiating with the Valuation Office.
- Preparation of Submissions and Representation at Valuation Tribunal.
- Advice on Liability for Rates and Eligibility for Refunds and or Exemption.