- Navigating the complex area of compulsory purchase can be challenging. Our team‘s robust knowledge of property and valuation means we can offer strategic advice on all types of schemes and projects. Compulsory Purchase Orders are used by County Councils and Local authorities to acquire property and land for construction of motorways or roads or for the laying of pipelines for sewage or water. Under a complex code of legislation dating back over 150 years, affected property owners are entitled to compensation for their losses arising including professional fees and legal costs.
• Advice regarding all statutory notifications
• Analysing the legal entitlement to compensation under each particular type of scheme
• Preparation/submission or assessment of statements of claim for compensation
• Negotiating compensation settlements including accommodation works
• Arbitration and Court
• If you are an affected party on a road or pipe laying scheme it is important to be properly represented